Mr. C is wanting to visit Canada next summer. He wants you to come up with an itinerary for the trip. His only instruction to you is he wants to see the real Canada, not the one portrayed in movies like Strange Brew!!!'
You will need to come up with 6 places Mr C absolutely, positively, without a doubt must visit while there. Oh, and he wants it done by the end of class next Wednesday.
After watching the video above, what other sources will you use to to find information about 'must do' places in Canada? Here are some of Mr. C's suggestions:
1) Do a Google search of places to visit in Canada.
2) Do a Youtube search of places to visit in Canada.
3) Ask around to see if anyone has visited Canada, and ask them.
4) Ask Mr. C if he knows someone who might be willing to to answer some of your questions about Canada. (Don't wait until Friday)
5) Visit the library, maybe they have some of those old things called 'books' that might have some information.
6) Check Wikipedia, maybe they have some good information.
7) Do a search for the Canadian Visitors Bureau.
8) Sit around until Friday and write down any junk you think of. (This one is probably not a very good suggestion, but you know how Mr. C likes to joke.)
Mr. C has worksheet for you to use to gather information.
- Find the 6 most Canadian places for Mr. C to visit.
- Use this worksheet to gather your information.
- Write down each place with your explanation of why he should visit there.
- Add some pictures of each place. Mr. C does require you to cite where you get the picture from and to make sure the picture you picked is copyrighted so that you can use it legally. Creative Commons has a search engine you might want to use https://search.creativecommons.org/
- Hyperlink the address where the picture came from.
- Create a Google Slideshow using this template
- Share your slideshow with Mr. C when completed.
- Make sure it is finished on Wednesday. Late work will be accepted, but you will have to do it on your time. Class moves on!
EQ: Where are the most 'Canadian' places to visit in Canada?
- A Documentary About Canada (59:15)
- Students will identify a variety of sources to gather information from with an eye on tourism.
- Possible choices would be visitor bureaus, wikipedia, youtube etc.
- On a document, take notes with links to original sites.
- Name 6 places that epitomize Canada and explain why.
- Identify pictures to share and create hyperlinks
- Create a slideshow with pictures and hyperlinks