I am reincarnating an old lesson I used to do several years ago, but with a tech twist. We are going to be writing fractured fairy tales and then creating a movie using Xtranormal or GoAnimate.
First, I will read The True Story of The 3 Little Pigs by Jon Scieszka. Notice how the story has changed when the point of view is from a character in the story. You should notice things like A. Wolf did not know what was going on away from him and how his story was biased based on his thoughts and feelings.
Here is the lesson plan:
- Listen to the story and discuss point of view.
- Check out the site GoAnimate and Xtranormal You will choose one of these sites to create your video so make sure you understand what they can and can't do.
- Choose a fairy tale to rewrite from a specific character's point of view. Make sure you choose one that is well known. Here is a good place to get started: 43 Popular Fairy Tales
- Meet in a small group 3-4 to discuss the stories chosen and brainstorm which to use and which characters to have tell the story.
- Rewrite the fairy tale from a new point of view. Use your new blog from kidblogs. The link is on the left side of the blog.
- Storyboard the story using the template provided by Mr. C.
- Meet in a small group 3-4 to review your story. Students will critique the story and make suggestions.
- Make any necessary revisions to the story as a separate blog entry.
- Create your movie using GoAnimate or Xtranormal.
- Post your movie on your blog.
- Screen your movie for the rest of the class!