Monday, August 21, 2023

The Mystery of Skippy's Tombstone

Photo by Me

This is a tombstone that resides in my yard. It has been there as long as I can remember (50+ years). Today we will be looking at this artifact and try to learn as much as we can about it.

Your assignment is to come up with 10 questions that I will be able to answer with a yes or a no. I will then answer 10 of these questions for you. You will then write down everything you know about this artifact. 

I will finish by telling you all I know about this artifact, and some of the conclusions I have drawn about it. Will what you write match my story?

TSW examine an artifact and create appropriate questions to ask to learn more information about that artifact.

Essential Q:

  • Why are historical artifacts important to us? (5 minutes)

Engage: 

  • Blog Post

Explore:

  • The students will examine a picture of a tombstone.  (5 minutes)
  • They will create questions to ask me about the tombstone that can be answered as yes/no. (10 minutes)
  • The students will make an educated guess about the story the tombstone represents.

Explain:

  • I will explain what I know about the tombstone as well as what I do not know. (5 minutes)

Evaluate: 

Expectations: 

  • During class instruction/work time you will follow all directions.
  • While working you may talk quietly and go to supply table for supplies.
  • The Historical Artifact Worksheet  will need to be completed at home. You may get help from family at home.
  • The Historical Artifact Worksheet will be due Friday, August 25. You will receive half credit after that date.
  • When finished place the Historical Artifact Worksheet in the tray.

No comments: