Today we are going to begin looking at a really complex issue. If you remember a few days ago you filled out a survey for me where you had to give your opinion about some specific copyright issues. Hopefully your questions will be answered after you do some research. Here is the link to the answers to the survey if you would like to review them. Here is a link to the original post.
Any question that asks what copyright is needs to have an answer, and what better place to get that answer from than Wikipedia. Here is the link to the Wikipedia page on copyright. Check it out and make sure you can give me a good definition of what it means.
Our next step is to check out CreativeCommons.org, an organization dedicated to creating different types of copyright licenses. While here you will need to:
- Identify the six different licenses you can get from CreativeCommons.org.
- Understand what each of the licenses will allow others to do with the content you create.
- Choose which Creative Commons license you want to put on your blog (or you may choose to keep the original copyright.)
- Write a blog post to explain why you chose that particular license.
- Add the license you chose to your blog as a widget.
You may also want to talk to others about the different licenses. Push each other to explain why you are choosing a particular license. Push me to explain why I chose the license I did for our class blog .