Friday, February 01, 2013

Classroom Battleship Math

Today we played Battleship Math. We created a co-ordinate grid on the floor using tiles and then placed our 'ships' on them. We picked ordered pairs to 'shoot' at and then sent them off to the next door class playing against us.

Here is Euginio explaining what we are learning:



Here is a video of what a round of Battleship Math looks like:


It was a crazy time and in an hour we didn't quite get the game finished. The students had a lot of fun, maybe too much for me. They really wore me out!

2 comments:

Mr. Miller said...

This is awesome! What a fun way to end the week. I'm inspired to try something similar :-)

Anonymous said...

What a fun concept! It is so much better than just trying to draw mystery figures in a quadrant. I'll have to try this with my students sometime.