The history of the Americas started well before Columbus. Unfortunately, because of the lack of or destruction of written histories, archaeologists have to rely on the discovery of artifacts to further our knowledge of these peoples. In this lesson we will learn about different theories of migration and also discover that this area is constantly changing and updating do to new discoveries.
Essential Question: Where and when did the first immigrants to the Americas arrive?
- Review the Kenniwick Man lesson
- Video: In Search of History The First Americans (42:15) (1998) IMDB Page
- Tracking the First Americans (2015) National Geographic Magazine
- Kenniwick Man Wikipedia
- How did the first immigrants come to the Americas?
- When did the first immigrants come to the Americas?
- Video Worksheet
- Tracking the First American (2015) National Geographic Article
- How did the Clovis Point Become an Archaeological Icon?