Colonial House is a television show created by PBS to examine what life would be like in Plymouth Colony circa 1628. 17 people were chosen to be on the reality show, living the life of a settler in a re-created Plimoth Plantation.
You will transcribe your journal entries using ink and pen. Watch the video below to get an idea about what it will be like.
Essential Question: What would it be like to live in an early American colony?
- If you were being transported back in time to an early American colony, what three things would you take with you?
- Use Small Fires Strategy to have students share their three items and explanations.
- Watch Colonial House episodes.
- What is your role in the colony?
- What events took place during the episode?
- What are your daily chores?
- Are you a rule breaker or a rule follower?
- Write a journal entry for each episode watched.
- Use a dip pen to transcribe the journal entries into a student created journal.
- We will use the dip pens after every two journal entries.