For this activity, we will be making a couple maps of Canada. We are going to be creating a political, physical, and climate map. First, let's watch this EPCOT video from the Canada Pavilion:
Now that you get a feel for the 'flavor' of Canada, let's do a little learning about the country. You will be given two maps of Canada. The first map you will color the climate zones of Canada and create a key which will let me know what the colors represent.
Next you will color and label a landform map. Make sure you include all of the places I identify on the checklist.
Finally, you will be given a transparency sheet and a wet erase marker. You will place the transparency on top of the landform map and label the capitals, provinces and territories.
- What are the major climate areas of Canada?
- What are the major landforms of Canada?
- What are the provinces, territories and capitals of Canada?
- O Canada EPCOT video (14:57)
- Where are the provinces and territories in Canada?
- Where are the capital cities in Canada?
- What/Where are the physical landforms of Canada
- What climate zones do you find in Canada?
- Label the capitals of Canada.
- Draw and label the physical landforms.
- Color and label the climate zones.
- Checklist to use