iPad in our classroom. You may ask how a small school in the Midwest was allowed such a wonderful opportunity, it was because of my close relationship with a very vocal Mac advocate.
I am only allowed to give a very concise review of the use of the iPad, Apple wants to save all the good quotes for a white paper, but here is my generic impressions:
1) iBook is not a killer app for schools. It doesn't come with any books!
2) There is no built in keyboard. Get real! I teach keyboarding, completely useless.
3) The screen is beautiful, but without Flash I couldn't watch Hulu.com while I was supposed to be
4) The app store was great! My students spend most of the week downloading free demo games
involving shooting zombies or racing pretend cars. You can bet that was a great use of class time!
5) The long battery life was truly amazing!
Here is a link to the original proposal I sent to Apple: http://docs.google.com/View?id=dskqh8g_73d9fksxfn