EQ: Who are the people in We the People?
- When written in the Constitution 'We the People' referred mostly to white men who owned property. What does it mean today?
- Lead the class in a discussion of what 'We the People looks like today. Who are 'the people' today?
- How did the 13 Amendment Abolition of slavery change it?
- How did the 19 Amendment Women's suffrage change it?
- Create a picture of what 'We the People meant in 1787 and what it means today. How will you show the changes in meaning?