Monday, June 14, 2010

What I Learned this Year

It is time to do a little reflection on the past year.

There is a desire in my community for more interaction with my school. I had a lot of success with visitors coming to watch streaming video on my blog. I had over 40 viewers watching this basketball game. There were almost 100 visitors watching our district spelling bee. Obviously I need to make streaming of our school events a priority.

Comments4Kids has started to take off. Leaving a comment is something that can really help encourage students to write and to write better. I hope to expand this into more classrooms next year.

Be careful what you wish for because you just might get it. I really wanted to move to the position I am in now. It was a way to do "my tech thing" with a larger group of students. Unfortunately the position wasn't all I bargained for. My students needed to learn the skill of typing, but it is a very personal learning process. As a teacher it tends to be pretty unfulfilling work. Fortunately we are moving typing down to a lower grade level so that I will only have to teach one semester of it next year.

1 comment:

Melville Intermediate, NZ said...

Well it great to see you being so reflective on the year that has finished! (not so much here in New Zealand we teach through until December!) Looking forward to hearing from you in 2010/2011 and seeing what your class and yourself will be up too!
Mr Webb and Room 8, Melville Intermediate, Hamilton, Waikato, New Zealand.