Tuesday, August 23, 2022

The Mystery of Skippy's Tombstone

 

Photo by Me

This is a tombstone that resides in my yard. It has been there as long as I can remember (50+ years). Today we will be looking at this artifact and try to learn as much as we can about it.

Your assignment is to come up with 10 questions that I will be able to answer with a yes or a no. I will then answer 10 of these questions for you. You will then write down everything you know about this artifact. 

I will finish by telling you all I know about this artifact, and some of the conclusions I have drawn about it. Will what you write match my story?

TSW examine an artifact and create appropriate questions to ask to learn more information about that artifact

TSW examine an artifact and create appropriate questions to ask to learn more information about that artifact

Essential Q:

  • Why are historical artifacts important to us? (5 minutes)

Engage: 

Explore:

  • The students will examine a picture of a tombstone.  (5 minutes)
  • They will create questions to ask me about the tombstone that can be answered as yes/no. (5 minutes)

Explain:

  • I will explain what I know about the tombstone as well as what I do not know. (5 minutes)

Evaluate: 

No comments: