EQ: How did sectionalism help lead to civil war?
- Harriet Beecher Stowe
- Uncle Tom's Cabin
- Bleeding Kansas
- Dred Scott
- Ken Burns: The Civil War (Prime Video)
- During the mid-19th century, southerners and northerners both had fears around slavery. What did many southerners fear? What did many northerners fear?
- What threatened to upset the “delicate equilibrium of power”?
- In the course of three months how many men died in Bleeding Kansas? How long did the events around Bleeding Kansas continue?
- In 1857 the Supreme Court refused to free an enslaved person. What was his name? What was the reasoning?
- At the end of the video, President Abraham Lincoln called the nation “A House Divided.” What did he mean by this?
Post a Comment