EQ: Why did Walt Disney take a group of animators to South America during World War 2?Engage:
- Vocabulary: animation, movie, union, strike, goodwill tour
- Vocabulary: overcoat, sketch, sophisticated, plaza, Nazi
- Vocabulary: estuary, deforestation, gaucho, llano, pampas
- Walt and El Grupo documentary
- Selections from Saludos Amigos and The Three Caballeros
- Why was the Disney company reeling before the trip?
- Why did the US Government pay for Disney's trip?
- How did the trip to South America influence Disney's work and the work of his artists?
- How does Education for Death inform what you saw in Walt and El Grupo?