Now that we have a pretty good handle on what it was like to be an early colonist in the Americas, let's jet ahead a few years and look at the first defining event in the American Revolution.
Why is this the first defining event? Watch and see.
Here is a little more information on the Seven Years War with a little lagniappe thrown in. What new information is provided? Does that also move us closer to the Revolution?
What does smuggling have to do with taxes? What does taxes have to do with the American Revolution? What other events took place that bring us to the Revolution?
- How did the 7 Years War contribute to the unrest in the colonies?
- Why was smuggling so important to the colonists?
- Why did the colonists not want to pay taxes?
- 7 Years War Crash Course History 12:19
- 7 Years War 2 Crash Course History 10:39
- Taxes and Smuggling Crash Course History 12:18
- What caused the war?
- How did the war end?
- What were the consequences of the war on the colonies?